The South Africans told about it Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle in an interview with “VoetsekMeghan” said that she overdramatized her statements about the “fire” that broke out in her son Archie’s room while they were in South Africa.

Markle chatted with Serena Williams on her new podcast, Archetypes, on Tuesday.

The tennis player became the first guest of Markle’s new podcast.

READ ALSO: Sylvester Stallone’s wife filed for divorce after 25 years

The Sunday Times reports that Markle said she had to go to an official engagement in Nyango, Cape Town, while son Archie was looked after by his “amazing nanny Lauren”.

She told Williams that Archie, then four months old, was not in the room in Cape Town when the heater started smoking, but the incident left her “shocked” and “in tears”.

“There was a moment where I’m standing on a stump giving a speech to women and girls, and we’re getting engaged, getting in the car, and they’re like, ‘There was a fire in the house. There was a fire in the children’s room.”

“We are coming back. Our wonderful nanny, Lauren, who we had [brought] all the way from Canada here, was covered in tears. She had to put Archie to bed and she just said, “You know what? Let me just go get a bite to eat downstairs.’

“Lauren is from Zimbabwe and we loved that she always tied him to her back with a dirty cloth and her instinct was, ‘Let me just take him with me before I put him down.’

“During that time she came downstairs, the heater in the nursery lit up,” Markle recalls.

In accordance with Daily Mailothers are believed to remember the incident on September 23, 2019 – and while they don’t remember there actually being a fire, the heater was definitely smoking and was unplugged and put out.

However, South Africans did not take too kindly to Markle’s claims, criticizing her on social media, leading to “VoetsekMegan” trending on Twitter.

Dachi shared her feelings on social networks. “Imagine using your young son to create sympathy and hatred for a beautiful country like South Africa. My husband works there, there was no fire, only the oil heater was blowing smoke. Archie was not near the room at the time.’

Miss Bee let Megan have it too. “We are very poor in South Africa because we don’t have smoke detectors…then she says she is our sister! #VoetsekMeghan, may you never set foot in SA, you racist, bully and damn selfish ungrateful person, ooo liar!”

ALSO READ: Game of Thrones prequel is HBO’s best launch yet

Miss Bee let Megan have it too. “We are very poor in South Africa because we don’t have smoke detectors…then she says she is our sister! #VoetsekMeghan, may you never set foot in SA, you racist, bully and damn selfish ungrateful person, ooo liar!”

ALSO READ: Game of Thrones prequel is HBO’s best launch yet

Source by [author_name]

Previous articleGhana: Afriye Ankra expresses concern over growing partisanship in student politics
Next articleMaximize your travel success with Sho’t Left Travel Week