Eskom says the second phase of the power outage will continue over the weekend after it failed to resuscitate some of the generating units.

This week, the power industry plunged the country into darkness again.

Eskom spokesman Sihanati Matshansha says: “Due to the constant shortage of generation capacity, the 2nd phase of the load reset will be implemented today from 17:00 to 22:00. Unloading will be repeated on Saturday and Sunday. Eskom will continue to monitor the system and report any changes if necessary. ”

Disaster condition

Last week, the Democratic Alliance (DA) called for declaring a state of emergency on Eskom. It says that the state of natural disaster will be guided by a decision when it comes to the operation of the power industry.

The DA has argued that continuous power outages have cost the country billions of rand and continue to harm the country’s economy and contribute to the unemployment crisis.

VIDEO: DA calls to declare a state of emergency at Eskom:

During a debate in the National Assembly on the electricity crisis and the problems facing Eskom this month, Inca Freedom Party (IFP) MP Mhulek Hlengwa said Eskom was failing to fulfill its fundamental mandate of generating enough energy to shut down national network.

He said Eskom has become a national and international embarrassment.

VIDEO: Debate in the National Assembly on the electricity crisis and the problems facing Eskom:

Source by [author_name]

Previous article“They are afraid of educated women,” the Afghan TV presenter said when the Taliban ordered them to cover their faces.
Next articleEskom has made progress in stabilizing its finances: Gordhan – SABC News