Eskom says it will continue with the second phase of the blackout on Saturday and Sunday. This is due to the long-term shortage of generating capacity.

Eskom spokesperson Sikanathi Mantshantsha says the second phase of the blackout will again take place during the evening peak between 4pm and 12am on Saturday and Sunday.

‚ÄúCapacity constraints were exacerbated by delays in generator return to service at Koeberg, Kusile and Tutuka Power Stations, as well as unscheduled generator breakdowns at Camden and Medupi, two at Hendrina and four at Arno Power Station. Some generating units are expected to return to service within the next few days. This load shedding will also help restore the emergency generation reserves that have been used extensively to meet demand over the past few days.”

Spoiler alert

President Cyril Ramaphosa says the government will crack down on anyone sabotaging the power grid as his administration tries to mitigate the high level of power outages the country has experienced recently. He made the comments during his address to the nation last week on Monday on South Africa’s energy crisis.

Ramaphosa announced the establishment of a National Energy Crisis Committee involving the Department of Minerals and Energy, State Enterprises, Environment, Treasury and the Police to help address the energy challenges facing the country.

The president says he has held extensive consultations in recent weeks on how to resolve the energy crisis.

Address by President Cyril Ramaphosa on the energy crisis:

Source by [author_name]

Previous articleThe Springboks should show no mercy in hurting the All Blacks
Next articleSiya Kolisi says nothing will be taken for granted ahead of Boxing All Blacks clash on Saturday – SABC News