said Elon Musk he will start his capture of Twitter for 44 billion dollars only if the giant of social networks will be able to substantiate allegations about the share of bots on its service.
The billionaire wrote on Twitter that “this deal can’t move forward” unless Twitter confirms claims that less than 5% of its users are bots, reiterating its view that the ratio is much higher.
Last week, Musk shocked the market when he tweeted that his offer to buy Twitter was “temporarily suspended” until he received more information about the share of fake accounts on social networking sites.
The CEO of Tesla linked his tweet to a Reuters report on May 2 in the latest Twitter information about the number of bots on the platform. About two hours later, Musk said in another Twitter that he was “still committed” to the deal.
Doubts have increased that Musk will be able to make the acquisition, and that he may consider lowering the bid price on the microblogging site.
The whole deal was chaotic: Musk went from a fruitful user to discovering a stake in the company of more than 9%, and then launched an unwanted takeover bid – without detailed funding plans – within weeks. – Edwin Chan, (c) 2022 Bloomberg LP