*This content is brought to you SA Tourism
More than 10 million South Africans travel locally every year. However, these numbers are declining as people feel the effects of the economic crisis and a post-pandemic landscape that is not exactly conducive to tourism success. But South Africa’s tourism industry has the power to ignite a passion for travel by offering South Africans affordable, accessible and exciting travel deals.
Take part in Sho’t Left Travel Week, an opportunity for the South African tourism industry to revitalize our tourism sector with exclusive and unbeatable travel deals. From 5 to 11 September 2022, this big South African sale, organized by Sho’t Left, is open to everyone in the travel industry to load up on their deals with up to 50% off.
Tourism South Africa’s Trade Relations Manager, Melanie Leloup, says: “Travel Week is a powerful incentive, especially for first-time travelers looking to immerse themselves in new and exciting destinations and adventures.”
Travel Week aims to maximize value and return on investment for all involved. The initiative is supported by significant investment from South African tourism. The result is a powerful platform with a strategically focused multi-channel marketing plan to optimize exposure and build buzz around the best local offerings.
Leloup has some tips for South Africa’s tourism trade on how to boost this year’s travel week extravaganza.
Who can register?
Registration is open to all trade participants. South African Tourism is encouraging everyone from accommodation, airlines, car hire and transfer companies to museums, events and experiential businesses to register their offerings for this year’s Travel Week.
How much does registration cost?
Registration is absolutely free.
How many transactions can be registered?
Members can register as many transactions as they like. They can also add, edit or delete trades at any time after registration, as long as the trades are completed by the DATE.
How should the deal be made?
Pictures: Members can upload up to seven images per carousel per transaction. Images must be 890 × 600 and we encourage participants to use all seven images. The main image should not contain any logos or text. Video is also supported.
Written content: You will need the following written content:
- A title of 12 words or less. Hot tip: Include the details of the discount in the title, as well as the number of people and the number of nights. Be as specific as possible so the public knows exactly what the feature entails.
- A 200-word executive summary detailing the key benefits of the deal.
- Description up to 1000 words. This section should include details of deals as well as other selling points, attractions, free offers and features.
- GPS coordinates and specific location for use on Waze and Sho’t Left map.
- Content can be edited until DATE.
What to do after loading transactions?
- Let your audience know about offers and encourage them to use Waze or Sho’t Left map to access the best deals.
- Get admin help anytime by email [email protected].
- Members of the public can access deals through Waze, the Sho’t Left map or by using price, location, budget and type filters on the Sho’t Left website.
- Billboards and outdoor media will alert the public to even more deals.
Leloup believes this is the opportunity the travel business needs to rekindle the passion for travel in these challenging times. “We just need to get the whole industry on board and we can really kickstart the heart of the trade and the country we love so much.”
Visit https://deals.southafrica.net and register for Travel Week 2022 today.
(Visited 10 times, 10 visits today)