Try this creamy, delicious and light chocolate pudding dessert with whipped vanilla salted coconut cream after a healthy Sunday lunch or dinner.
We have added a delicious and healthy vegan chocolate pudding recipe for all chocolate pudding recipe lovers who have decided to live a vegan and healthy lifestyle.
Chocolate pudding with whipped vanilla salted coconut cream
- 1 banana
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon raw cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla protein powder
For the whipped vanilla salted coconut cream
- 440 ml of coconut cream
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of raw cocoa nibs
ALSO TRY: Recipe of the Day: Baked Pasta for Meat Lovers
- To make the chocolate pudding: Blend the banana, avocado, cocoa, milk and egg whites in a blender until light and fluffy.
- To make the coconut cream: Scoop the solid coconut cream from the jar and place in a food processor. Add stevia and salt and mix until combined.
- To serve, layer the chocolate pudding and coconut cream with the coconut cream on top, garnish with cocoa beans.
This recipe was found on bestrecipes.com.au
Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or canned coconut cream, if desired
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 cups of unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup sugar optional
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Add non-dairy milk, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, vanilla extract and cornstarch to a blender. Stir until everything is dissolved.
- Then add a little coconut oil or cream (if using) to a medium non-stick saucepan and let melt over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add the chocolate chips and stir constantly until they’re completely melted.
- Now add the contents of the blender to the pot and whisk until well combined. Continue whisking frequently (but you don’t need to do this constantly if everything is thoroughly mixed) until the mixture thickens, 4 to 7 minutes. Mine always thickens in 3-4 minutes, but that’s because I use an electric burner. Since the vodka gets very hot, I recommend whisking constantly if you want to go that route. It’s faster, but a little more high-maintenance.
- If you find it doesn’t thicken enough (remember it will thicken in the fridge) you can mix in another tablespoon of cornstarch or arrowroot powder in a small bowl (whisk until completely dissolved) and pour into the pot and stir to combine.
- When the pudding has thickened, add it to a heatproof container(s) and leave to cool for 15 minutes before covering with a lid (or some sort of cover, such as plastic wrap).
- Refrigerate until chilled (at least 3-4 hours). It will harden a little more in the refrigerator.
- Serve with vegan whipped cream and chocolate shavings or sprinkles, if desired. Enjoy!
This recipe was found on elavegan.com