Arthur Zvane‘s Kaizer Chiefs are already under intense pressure after their opening day defeat against Royal AM at the pulsating Chatsworth Stadium last weekend.
The first home game of the semester, see Maritzburg United visit Soccer City..
READ ALSO: Pizzo Masiman arrives at African club
READ ALSO: Bosses demand change of nickname for rookie
FIVE THINGS WE EXPECT FROM KAIZER CHIEFS AGAINST MARITZBURG UNITED
- Bruce Bvuma and Zito Quinika are certain to start in goal and in central defense, thanks to their brilliant performances last weekend.
- Zwane is expected to change his midfield from three to two midfielders: we predict Yussuf Maart and Syetemba Sitebe to be in a double-six.
- At the same time, the midfield changes to two midfielders. So Zwane could field number 10 to start. The name may be Nkosingiphile Ngcobo.
- Two of the Chiefs’ fast new signings, Dylan Solomons and Ashley Du Preez, are expected to put on a real show in the wider field that is FNB. There is plenty of grass to run on.
- So, “Maritzburg United” has a new coach – John Maduka. The Malawian likes to put a tough defense in his teams. We expect the visitors to be a bit tough, but it won’t be easy on such a big pitch.
The game is scheduled to start at 19:30.
READ ALSO: Brave – Tim Sukazi takes a serious joke on Chiefs
ALSO READ: Chief Justice spotted undergoing medical
AMAHOSI DEFENDER WITH AX JOINS AMAZULU
In other news, the former Kaizer Chiefs defender Ramahlwe Mphahlele secured a new home. His new home address will be in Durban.
As previously reported by the South African website, the player born Ga Mphalele was part of Naturina’s big exit in June.
The 32-year-old two-time PSL champion left Amakhosi after playing just 15 matches in an injury-ravaged season. Read the full story here.
ALSO READ: Kaizer Chiefs confirm striker decision
READ ALSO: Chiefs usher in new era – FIVE things we noticed at Royal AM