Arthur Zvane‘s Kaizer Chiefs look threatening. Glamor Boys put Maritzburg United to the ball on Tuesday night with a 3-0 win and it could have been worse.
READ ALSO: Pizzo Masiman arrives at African club
KAISER CHIEFS 3 – 0 MARITZBURG UNITED
After making two changes from last weekend’s stunning 1-0 loss against Royal AM, Amakhosi needed just four minutes to take the lead through Ashley Du Preez.
The second came through new captain Keegan Dolly in the 24th minute before 18-year-old sensation Mduduzi Shabalala put the final nail in the coffin in second-half stoppage time.
ALSO READ: Kaizer Chiefs confirm striker decision
PLAYER RATINGS: YOUSUF MAART GETS NINE
- Bruce Bvuma, 8 – In command and made a great save to keep it 2-0.
- Dylan Solomons, 7 — Solid in defense and attack. Missed a great opportunity to score.
- Zita Kwinika, 8 years old – showed excellent timing and composure.
- Siyabonga Ngezana, 7- Hard as a hard man next to Quinika.
- Reeve Frosler, 6 — The game was quiet with minimal attacks.
- Yussuf Mart, 9 – best game so far in a Chiefs shirt. The best participant of the match won.
- Siethemba Sitebe, 6 – Insufficient possession.
- Lekhlagonola Matlov, 7 years old – a great debut. Created two missed chances for Solomons and Du Preez.
- Hama Billyat, 5 – did not have time and lost a lot of balls.
- Keegan Dolly, 6 – Didn’t make much of an impact apart from a good tackle to make it 2-0.
- Ashley Du Preez, 7 – Was dangerous with his pace, especially with the opening goal.
READ ALSO: Zwane attacks Zuma, Castro and Cardoso?
- Nkosingiphile Ngcobo, 7- Was heavily involved, needed to make quicker decisions on the ball.
- Kgaogelo Sekgota, 7 – Changed the game. Made an excellent pass for the final goal.
- Mduduzi Shabalala, 7 – Made a great run to find Chiefs’ final goal.
- Njabulo Blom – Not enough minutes to rate.
- Njabulo Ngcobo – Not enough minutes to rank.
Meanwhile, Zwane’s side will take the day off before returning on Thursday to prepare for the battle against Mamelodi Sundowns at Loftus on Saturday afternoon at 3pm.
READ ALSO: Orlando Pirates – FIVE exciting things to expect this week
ALSO READ: Chippa United sign Sundowns striker