The African National Congress (ANC) has postponed the launch of the Letsema program in KwaZulu-Natal. The program was expected to be attended by national officials, members of the National Executive Committee of the ANC, heads of provinces and regions.

The program was originally launched in Mangaung last month.

“The program was originally launched in Mangaung on April 23, 2022. Aims to put ANC structures at the forefront of service delivery, to engage communities in an active role in addressing bottlenecks in service delivery. Since its launch, our leaders and volunteers have worked hard to engage communities, ”said ANC spokesman Pule Mabe.

It was expected that part of the KwaZulu-Natal program would demonstrate the direct side effects of public-private partnerships in solving community problems.

It came after recent floods that claimed more than 400 lives, destroyed state infrastructure and left hundreds of families poor.

Mabe says that “due to heavy rainfall forecast for tomorrow in KwaZulu-Natal and other parts of the country, it was decided to postpone the event until further notice.”

“The ANC will continue to work with communities in their search for humanitarian assistance and reconstruction. In this regard, we call on the government to continue its intervention in humanitarian aid and to help restore the lives of those affected by the recent floods, ”Mabe said.

Source by [author_name]

Previous articleRand sees a weekly increase after raising interest rates on loans
Next articleThis is a boy! Rihanna and A $ AP Rocky greet their son [Video]